Step 1: Plan for a Semester Abroad
Some pointers to help you prepare for, and make the most of your study abroad experience:
- Proof of volunteer work, extracurricular activities and/or internships will increase your chances for acceptance into the exchange program you are applying for.
- It is advised to have flexible electives options of courses for your study abroad semester. It will facilitate your registration abroad and help you to have a smooth transfer of credits upon your return.
- Maintain a good academic record. Your Cumulative GPA can affect your chances at getting accepted.
Step 2: Check your Eligibility
Every program has its own set of requirements, here are some general guidelines for outgoing students:
- You should be in your third or fourth semester at LAU (junior year or beginning sophomore year).
- Your last 30 credits should be completed at LAU (this not applicable to exchange students under MOUs, so check with the office first).
- If you are an undergraduate student, you should have a minimum CGPA of 2.7, or a minimum CGPA of 3 if you are a graduate student.
- The grade of English language courses completed at LAU can affect the selection decision.
- You are outgoing and eager to learn about other cultures.
Step 3: Choose the Right Program
There are three different types of programs to apply to:
- Exchange: You trade places with a student from a partner university after paying your LAU tuition fees in full (scholarships and financial aid will be applicable), in addition to travel and living expenses in the host country.
- Erasmus+: You pay your LAU tuition fees in full (scholarships and financial aid will be applicable) and receive a scholarship to cover your travel and living expenses in the host country.
- Study Abroad: You pay the tuition fees in full at the host university in addition to your travel and living expenses in the host country.
Choose from the programs listed below. You can apply to two universities at most, per semester. Our university finder tool can help you identify the right program based on your choice of country, semester, school, major or program of study.
Once decided, schedule an appointment with the Office of International Students (OIS) in order to identify and discuss your compatibility with these programs.
To know which universities are available during the time of application make sure to select the semester and the program type on the below university finder tool.
|University||Country||Semester||Program Type||School , Major or Program of Study|
|American Business School Paris||France||Fall 2022||Exchange||Adnan Kassar School of Business|
|Boise State University||USA||Fall 2022||Exchange||Arts and Sciences,Adnan Kassar School of Business,School of Engineering|
|Chung-Ang University||Republic Of Korea||Fall 2022||Exchange||Arts and Sciences,Adnan Kassar School of Business,School of Engineering|
|Danish School of Media and Journalism||Denmark||Fall 2022||Erasmus+||Arts and Sciences|
|ESCCA||France||Fall 2022||Exchange||Adnan Kassar School of Business|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||USA||Fall 2022||Study Abroad||Arts and Sciences,Adnan Kassar School of Business,School of Architecture and Design,School of Engineering|
|International University of Languages and Media||Italy||Fall 2022||Exchange||Arts and Sciences|
|James Madison University||USA||Fall 2022||Study Abroad||Arts and Sciences,Adnan Kassar School of Business,School of Architecture and Design,School of Engineering|
|Kent State University||USA||Fall 2022||Study Abroad||Arts and Sciences,Adnan Kassar School of Business,School of Architecture and Design,School of Engineering|
|McNeese State University||USA||Fall 2022||Study Abroad|
|Montana State University||USA||Fall 2022||Study Abroad|
|NEOMA Business School||France||Fall 2022||Exchange||Adnan Kassar School of Business|
|North Carolina State University||USA||Fall 2022||Study Abroad|
|Rabat School of Business||Morocco||Fall 2022||Exchange||Adnan Kassar School of Business|
|Rennes School of Business||France||Fall 2022||Exchange||Adnan Kassar School of Business|
|Saint Mary’s University||Canada||Fall 2022||Exchange||Arts and Sciences,Adnan Kassar School of Business|
|Sciences Po||France||Fall 2022||Exchange||Arts and Sciences,Adnan Kassar School of Business|
|SKEMA Business School||France||Fall 2022||Exchange||Adnan Kassar School of Business|
|Stockton University||USA||Fall 2022||Study Abroad|
|Universidad Pontificia Comillas||Spain||Fall 2022||Erasmus+||Arts and Sciences|
|University Catholique de Lile||France||Fall 2022||Exchange||Arts and Sciences,Adnan Kassar School of Business,School of Engineering|
|University of Arizona||USA||Fall 2022||Study Abroad|
|University of Helsinki||Finland||Fall 2022||Exchange||Arts and Sciences|
|University of Helsinki||Finland||Fall 2022||Erasmus+||Arts and Sciences|
|University of Montana||USA||Fall 2022||Study Abroad|
|University of Ottawa (majority of courses in French)||Canada||Fall 2022||Study Abroad|
|Université Grenoble Alpes||France||Fall 2022||Exchange||Arts and Sciences|
|Virginia Commonwealth University||USA||Fall 2022||Study Abroad|
Step 4: Apply
1- Check Available Courses and Complete the Course Transfer Form
- Generate your degree evaluation record from Banner.
- From the record above, take note of or prepare a list of the courses you still need at LAU.
- Check out the course offerings of the program you are applying to.
- Try to identify courses that match your list.
- Fill out the Course Transfer Form accordingly (make sure to download the form in PDF fillable format as posted in this link).
- Seek the approval and signature of the concerned chairperson(s).
- Make sure to take with you the course descriptions to facilitate input from the departments.
While completing the course transfer form, keep in mind the below information:
European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) Conversion Formula
- 4 ECTS =3 LAU credits
- 4.5 ECTS =3 LAU credits
- 5 ECTS= 3 LAU Credits
- 5 ECTS is not transferred as 4 US credits
- 6 ECTS= 3 LAU credits
- 10 ECTS= 6 LAU credits (2 courses)
- Only passing credits may be transferred, and a passing grade abroad is equivalent to C and above for undergraduate students, and to B and above for graduate students. This rule excludes engineering, education, nutrition, and graduate level courses, whereby higher grades are required.
- Courses with Pass or Satisfactory grades are not transferable.
- Courses already completed at LAU may not be retaken at another institution and then transferred at LAU.
- Architecture students are required to submit their portfolio by hand to the department before the deadline.
- Engineering students are required to submit two separate course transfer forms. Please contact OIS for instructions.
School Exchange Advisors Can Help You
- School of Arts & Sciences: Robin Taleb
- School of Architecture & Design: Roula El Khoury and Maria Bahous
- Adnan Kassar School of Business: Jordan Srour
- School of Engineering: Michel Khoury
- Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine: Carmel Bouclaous
- School of Pharmacy: Lamis Karaoui
- Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing: Myrna Doumit
2 - Complete the Online Application Form and Submit Supporting Documents
- Complete the Application form.
- Upload the following required documents to your online application:
- Summer: January 30
- Fall: February 15
- Spring: September 30
What Happens Next?
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit additional documents;
- You will receive the final selection result by email;
- Once you confirm your participation, we will nominate you to your host university;
- Pay the $500 study abroad deposit as instructed by OIS;
- Start your application at the host university;
- Attend the pre-departure orientation to be held by OIS (see Step 5).
Step 5: Attend the Pre-Departure Orientation
The Office conducts mandatory pre-departure orientation sessions every semester that cover the following topics:
- Forms to submit before you leave
- Health Insurance/Medical Report
Study Abroad Checklist
These steps will guide you throughout the study abroad process.
|At least six months before traveling||
|Just before traveling||
|Upon arriving to your destination country||
|Preparing for your return back home||
|After returning back home||