- LAU offers to its students opportunities to International Internship for educational exchange as a mere service. International Internships do not form part of LAU’s academic educational cursus requirements, but are options that LAU’s students are free to voluntarily and independently elect to participate in.
- Although LAU has made every reasonable effort to obtain factual accuracy for information provided herein, no responsibility is assumed for editorial or content errors.
- The program promoted by the International Internships are not administered nor coordinated by LAU.
- LAU does not make any warranty, representation, statement or inducement, of any kind, expressed or implied with respect to the following:
- the International Internship and/or any aspect thereof, and
- the participation in the International Internships program, including perceived quality of the experiences or services rendered and the quality of the academic program.
- Participation in the International Internships shall be done at the student own personal risks and liability with respect to every aspect of such participation.
- LAU is not liable to the students or participants to the International Internships for their academic program in all their aspects or for benefits not provided thereby.
- LAU assumes no responsibility and disclaims any liability for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, cost or expense (personal, academic, financial, or other) suffered by students by reason of their participation in International Internship program.
Volunteering and Internship
AIESEC is a global platform for young individuals to discover and enhance their leadership capabilities. Operated by students and recent graduates from over 100 countries, AIESEC, a non-partisan, not-for-profit organization, has consistently been “by students, for students” for over 75 years.
Explore local and international internship and volunteering opportunities such as Global Teacher, Global Volunteer, and Global Talent through AIESEC’s student-managed operations. Further information is available on their Instagram @aiesecinleb and Website.
Farah Ktaish - Local Committee president at LAU
Farah Nasser - Local Committee Vice president at LAU
You can contribute your time, skills and knowledge through volunteering with the UN.
UN International Volunteers promote peace and development in communities around the globe, while upholding the ideals and aspirations of the UN.
For more information, visit the UN Volunteers website.
Other Suggested Opportunities
- European Cultural Academy: internships in summer in Venice
- Universita Cattolica: internships in Milan
- Richmond, the American International University in London
- Sciences Po (For information on 3rd year (hybrid) internships, contact Christiane Laloy)
- Internships in Florence | Intern Abroad in Florence, Italy
- World Endeavors
- World Endeavors offers international internship, volunteer, study, and customized group programs in 30 countries around the world. All programs aim to provide authentic, culturally immersive experiences for the participants, through home stays whenever possible, language training and internship and volunteer placements in local organizations. The experienced on-site coordinators are local people, and they offer expert knowledge of the program site as well as a local’s perspective on their country and culture.
Additional information about the programs:
Customized Group Programs
- Fundación Paraguaya
- Go Abroad: Chile
- Internship Opportunities at the ICD
- Connect 123
Intern Program in the United States of America
To be considered for this program, you should fit one of the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled in and pursuing studies at a foreign degree- or certificate-granting post-secondary academic institution outside the United States; or
- Had graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to their exchange visitor program start date.
Additional details are found here.
ErasmusIntern.org provides a place where companies and organizations can publish their internship offers and search for interns, and where students that want to do an internship abroad can have their profiles, search and apply for internships vacancies.
Find out more on: https://erasmusintern.org
The National Council on U.S.-Arab Relations’ Washington, DC Summer Internship Program
Find out about NCUSAR’s ten-week internship program in Washington, DC: https://ncusar.org/internship
United Nations Independent Internship Network (UNIIN)
On a yearly basis, hundreds of interns and young professionals from all over the world work at the United Nations and its organizations across the globe. The UNIIN is committed to provide resources to help interns and young professionals engage with the issues that matter to them as well as assist in developing their careers within the UN system. As a non-profit organization, UNIIN is dedicated to building understanding of and support for the ideals and the vital work conducted through the United Nations.
For more information, visit the UNIIN website.
Bridging Gaps - Cape Town Programs
Visit the initiative’s website for more information.